Friday, August 3, 2018

When Instagram ads suck you in


You know Coco and Eve. You’ve seen their aesthetically pleasing ads pop up, no doubt, in your Instagram feed. Their adorable pink and green packaging is alluring enough. And then they always have some super cute chick showing off her freshly-masked hair, blow-dried, styled to perfection, her makeup done, and she’s ready to take on the world!



There was some deal going around, and I was able to snag the mask at about $20 less than it retails for. I went for it and have used the mask twice so far. Probably not sufficient usage for the most accurate review. But typically with hair masks, I feel the difference after one use. So, with this perception in mind, here's what I think:

I mean right off the bat I’m going to tell you that there’s nothing magical going on here. (In case you've been led to believe there's something about this mask that places it above all others on the market) It’s a great mask. It smells nice and it left my wet hair soft after I used it. But I have air-dried and blow-dried my hair after using the mask, and there was really no difference. Mask or no mask, my fried follicles are still fried and unmanageable and desperately in need of lots of attention....or in this case lots of applications!





You'll notice in my attached video below, towards the end, I use a sparkly white brush aka the infamous Wet Brush. Wet Brush specifically has extremely soft and bendable bristles to easily glide through the most difficult of tangles. Like no other detangler. I've linked them on Amazon HERE. But you can find them at beauty stores, Target and sometimes Marshalls. 

Point of the Wet Brush interjection here? Even after using the Coco and Eve mask, I needed the Wet Brush to be able to brush through my hair. Even wet and soft, my hair still had unmanageable tangles. Basically this hair mask is about as good as any other hair mask I’ve tried and I am sure you’ll love it more than me assuming your hair is not as processed as mine is. 

I think this mask retails for about $50. I got it discounted and I think that was the better way to go because you really do need to use a good amount of the mask to saturate your hair. And if your hair is as dry and damaged as mine, they recommend using the mask 2 to 3 times a week. 




So this mask will get pricey if this is the only thing you plan on using. If I were to use the mask three times a week I would need to buy a jar a week. And I have short hair. It’s a good size jar but obviously you’ll need a sufficient amount of product to get the job done. ALL depending on your hair needs, naturally.

I’ve added a quick video of my application of the hair mask. I showered and shampooed my hair first. Then towel-dried before applying the Coco and Eve mask. Although the video is sped up for time, after I applied the mask, I let it sit under a hair cap for a little over 10 minutes before reentering the shower and rinsing it out.


So, did you get sucked into the Instagram ads? 
Have you tried the Coco and Eve hair mask

Do you think all the Instagram hype is merited? I’m not disappointed but I’m not blown away either so if you were waiting around for my opinion, now you’ve got it! I'm going to have to keep using it...a lot...but at $50 a jar......I digress.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paging Mrs. Gehrels. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig