Saturday, October 7, 2017

Day Drama - SHOP the Look



You guys have been all about my makeup look from last weekend. It's actually been a while since I've done a dramatic eye but as we ease into Fall, I'll probably be rolling out with darker and more prominent makeup. During Summer months, my makeup typically get's put on the back-burner. A nice tan and hot weather means mascara and lip gloss and I call it a day! 

Plus, I almost always try to get away without having to use foundation. I'm rarely a fan. I take pretty good care of my skin and I'm lucky to not have much that needs covering up, so my makeup routines hardly ever encompass foundation. And my latest look was no exception.

In this post I'll briefly list and describe all the products I used + links to SHOP it all!


1. I may skip the foundation but definitely not on moisturizer! First things first and I always start off w/ Dior's Hydra Life Pro-Youth Silk Creme. This has been my go-to moisturizer for about 3 years now.

2. New to my routine and a new favorite is this amazing, smoothing under eye gel by Volition. I've talked a lot about this stuff lately and I highly recommend. The Volition Helix AM/PM Eye Gel may not erase my circles but its won me over by diminishing fine lines, wrinkles and just smoothing out my under-eye area. I use this eye gel religiously now, every morning and every night.

3. To give my eyebrows a more filled-in, bold look I use Smashbox Brow Tech Shaping Powder in Taupe. I try not to over-do-it with this super fine powder because the idea is to fill-in my brows without looking like I drew them in with a marker! I'll usually tap the pen-tip brush to get rid of excess powder before applying to my brows.

4. To line my lower lids for added drama, I used Trish McEvoy Intense Gel Eye Liner in Arabian Nights (navy blue). I used this both as liner below the eye lid and the lower inner lid.

5. For the PURRRFECT cat-eye, I'm obsessed with the following product. I used to have the worst time drawing on the perfect cat-eye on my upper lids until I was sent the Master Precise Curvy Liquid Liner by Maybelline. It has the perfect curved tip (almost like a calligraphy pen!) which facilitates this whole cat-eye thang immensely. Honestly, I'd about given up on the trend till I got a hold of this specific liner. You need this in your life if you suck at cat-eye's, like me! Haaahaaa

6. For slightly smokey eye, I use Bobbi Brown's Smokey Eye Mascara in black...but only on my bottom lashes. Note: Since I did this bold look during the day I stayed away from eye-shadows which would have definitely amped-up the smokey-eye look. I just stuck to liners and mascaras.

7. For my top eye-lashes, I used recent newbie Givenchy Noir Interdit Mascara in Deep Black. This is the first mascara to have a wand that bends to a 90-degree angle. But more importantly it makes my lashes long and plentiful. Done & Done!

8. After moisturizer, instead of foundation, I like to use Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Primer. This gel primer has subtle hints of sparkling gold specks in it. So, I add this smoothing primer over my cheeks and nose before I blush.

9. After I use the YSL Primer, I use Marc Jacobs Spotlight Glow Stick Illuminator on my cheek bones for a nice irridescent highlight on the upper cheek bones.

10. After the YSL Primer and after the MJ Illuminator, I use good 'ol Benetint (the original rose color) from Benefit. Rub a couple droplets onto my cheeks for that natural flushed look.

11. Then, to seal the deal on the cheek makeup, I gave them a quick brush of Tarte's Paaarty Amazonian-Clay 12-hour Blush. The Paaarty color is like a light rose/nude hue.

12. Last but not least, on my lips I used Aveda's edible lipstick. Yes, it's freakin edible. I don't recommend it as a mid-day snack, but it's good to know that it is edible when you take into consideration how much lipstick you actually ingest without realizing it....food for thought! The nude/rosy lipstick I used here is Aveda #951 Sheer Primrose. [Check your local Aveda salon's makeup counter for this particular color]

13. To top off the lipstick I used Aveda Nourish-Mint Rehydrating Lip Glaze in #952 Pink Lupine. [Check your local Aveda salon's makeup counter for this particular color]

14. When all is said and done, I'm now addicted to slathering my chest, arms and legs with Kopari's Coconut Body Glow. The shimmer is insane but the scent is what will have you coming back for more. 






DRESS: Free People from Marshalls - BAG: Zac Posen - HAT: Etsy Shop DesignsBiK

DISCLAIMER

*Some products have been received for testing/advertising purposes.
ALL thoughts & opinions are definitely mine.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paging Mrs. Gehrels. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig