Saturday, July 6, 2013

Packing...Calypso Style!

Summer is here!
Lot's of us are taking off for some fabulous destination. So, I thought who better to feature in my packing post than one of my favorite stores, Calypso St. Barth.

Calypso is a one-stop shop for all your vacay fashion needs. Stepping in to one of their boutiques is the perfect way to get inspired for your next getaway. Everything from the color scheme to the shell chandeliers to the pristine easy-breezy look and feel of their clothes...you are sure to fall in love with something...or as in my case, everything.

The lovely ladies at the NEW Calypso St. Barth boutique in Palo Alto (located in Stanford shopping center), so graciously invited me over for the ultimate "Pink Bag" moment. I got to canvas the store and check out all their latest Summer attire and more importantly...play dress-up!

Calypso St. Barth Palo Alto Store Manager, Jill Siefert, Myself and Griselda Massana.

If you frequent the blog, you know I went directly for the sequins...I love Calypso sequins. That's why when they throw their outrageous sales, I'm the first in line to scoop up every sequined piece I can find.

All of the outfits I wore during our photo shoot were begging to be worn on some exotic adventure to the coast...be it the Hamptons, Malibu or some escape to the Caribbean. If you take anything away from this post, DO NOT BE WARY OF DAYTIME SEQUINS! Don't save all your sequined fun for your nighttime affairs...totally fun during the day, just dress them down with something as simple as flip flops!
__________________________________________________


The "Bethney Crinkle Cotton Embroidered Dress" is a Summer-time staple and not to mention the perfect dress to pack because you won't have to worry about getting it pressed. Beautiful. Light, airy. Definitely elongates your figure. A dress you can easily take from day to night. I loved this dress. You can purchase by clicking HERE!


Mind-blowing. For a sequin lover like myself, the "Aurora Sequin Paillette Maxi Dress" is just impossible to take your eyes off of. I felt like a mermaid as I swished around in this confection. Does this dress not scream BEACH WEDDING?! I'm talking to the brides-to-be out there...do not by any means wear this dress as a guest to a wedding...you will outshine the bride! Literally! But, if that's the reaction you're going for, by all means, don't let me stop you from making an everlasting impression! Ha

I see this dress for the beach bride. I see this dress at the inevitable Summer "White Party". Can you just imagine?? Wearing this to any Summer evening soiree will have mouths dropping and ladies buzzing about this show-stopper...guaranteed to wow. 
To purchase this dreamy dress, click HERE!



My absolute favorite outfit. The "Avaline Sequin Striped Tank" and the "Erma Silk Tiered Maxi Skirt" definitely made their way into my pink bag.
The sequined tank is long (although here I casually tucked her into the skirt) so the tank is absolutely darling paired with white or pastel-colored denim. A perfect length and perfect colors that make it easy to wear with a lot.
The top is available for purchase by clicking HERE!

The Erma skirt was a no-brainer. It's totally fun because you can tie up sections of the skirt, giving it a ruffled "gypsy" look or you can leave all the sections down, and it's a regular maxi! How great is that?! If you're packing for vacay, stop whatever you're doing and get this skirt! Endless possibilities...wear it during the day as a casual maxi for your beachside strolls; Then tie up the sections at night to give it a different, slightly more sophisticated look! Love it... Especially because you can scrunch this skirt into a ball and stuff it into your suitcase, unpack and presto...all ready to go because crinkled is her middle name! Ha! No steaming or pressing required...you'll ruin her look if you do.
Purchase this fantastic skirt by clicking HERE!


Sequins, sequins and more sequins...love this outfit. My sister (and photographer for the day) questioned the pairing of a sequin tank with those amazing white sequin, drawstring pants. I would wear this for a night out in St. Barths, no question! Plus, the white sequin pants are totally doable for a day-time look, if paired with a cotton tank or blouse to ease up the look. Be bold with your sequined looks and remember, confidence speaks volumes! The white sequined pants also found their way into my pink bag. Side note: I have these awesome pants in gold too! 
To purchase the "Tamarind Silk Sequin Leggings" click HERE
To purchase the "Talis Sequin Tank" click HERE! BONUS: This particular top is on sale with an additional 50% off of the sale price!!


Don't forget to pick up some accessories for your trip...from rhinestoned sandals to tribal inspired bling...they've got you covered! You can check out ALL the bracelet styles seen in these shots by clicking HERE!


This is what I imagine it would be like if Pocahontas met the Great Gatsby...lol...The second I saw this chevron, sequined top, it was love. Love at first sight...and even better, it was on the sale rack with an extra 50% off. Can we say done and done?! Although this top doesn't seem to be available online anymore, check your local Calypso boutique. She may be waiting for you in-store. I had to take her home. I envisioned myself, sun-kissed tan, hair in a tousled bun, frolicking on a warm sandy beach at sunset...what?? I can dream can't I? I happened to style this particular top with a pair of Calypso's "Jewel Silver Sequin Drawstring Shorts" which are available for purchase by clicking HERE!
__________________________________________________


So, moral of this Summer-time story is when it comes to packing for your next coastal getaway, there is no better place to shop than Calypso St. Barth. 
www.CalypsoStBarth.com
__________________________________________________

Many thanks to Calypso St. Barth and the Palo Alto crew for a most luxurious Pink Bag experience. I loved everything and can't wait to wear my new sparkling duds! The ladies at the new Stanford shopping center location make shopping easy and fun...exactly what it's supposed to be!

Palo Alto location Manager Jill Siefert and I.

And a special thank you to my photographer for the day (aka my sister Veronica) for the great work and being a valued asset to the Shopping, Saving & Sequins team. 

Veronica Minnis (Shopping, Saving & Sequins photographer) and I


Happy Packing! And as always, 
go get your Shopping, Saving & Sequins on!
xo




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paging Mrs. Gehrels. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig