Sunday, September 17, 2017

Beauty Product Musts from this Summer


Jumping right into it here, I'm starting off with the 'Blur' liquid foundations that were sent to me to test out courtesy of Milk Makeup and Influenster. 

If you follow me, you know I hardly ever wear makeup, little less foundation. However, I do use it on occasion for certain photo shoots and whenever I feel like sprucing myself up for bae.

So, I was glad to receive these new Milk foundations to try out. I've never tried out Milk makeup but I've seen it everywhere. And anytime I've popped into Urban Outfitters I always drool a little over their smart packaging. Always a sucker for packaging...

I like that I was sent two shades - one lighter and one darker - which is perfect because I have one for my slightly tanner Summer skin tone and now one for the lighter tone I'll have this Fall/Winter.

No complaints about the foundation. It made my face picture-perfect. And I can say that in complete honesty because the day I shot some photos using it, I was feeling like shit. 

I will say ONE thing though. I'm not planning on using the cute little Milk gel applicator that accompanied the foundation. It's fun. It's aesthetically pleasing. I even like the iridescent bag it comes in. But that's as far as it goes for me. I didn't like using it. I don't have anything more educated to say other than that. The applicator just didn't suit me, personally, and I'm much more comfortable sticking to the foundation brushes I already have. The gold brush in the photo above is what I prefer to use for my foundation coverage.

So, Milk Makeup is awesome. The 'Blur' foundation is a yes, but I'll pass on their gel applicator...

MILK MAKEUP BLUR LIQUID MATTE FOUNDATION ($40) - CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE!




I had been wanting to try out this brand for a while! I've seen Kopari products all over instagram. Blogger life! My birthday shopping always takes me into Sephora and I finally got a hold of this delicious coconut shimmer oil from Kopari.

Oh EM G. Obsessed. It should be named Gardenia EXPLOSION. Besides giving my skin a hint of bronzer and a good dose of shimmer, I smell insanely good. I can't say enough about it. Even if it didn't give me a lovely Summer glow, I'd still buy it because the scent alone is beyond intoxicating. If you haven't tried out Kopari yet, give it a go! I'm definitely a new fan. CANNOT get enough of this.

KOPARI COCONUT BODY GLOW ($42) - CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE!




And speaking of my birthday trip to Sephora, I couldn't resist scooping the newest scent by miu miu. Last year I bought their debut one (red cap) and so it only felt right to bring home a bestie for her! The yellow-capped bottle is the newest release and it's lovely.

While the first miu miu scent has more pungent, deeper tones, the latest one is similar but different in that it's a much lighter take. If you don't like floral scents, neither miu miu scents are for you. I LOVE them both and have been switching daily, from one to the other. It doesn't hurt that I love the bottles too. Personally, I have the larger (3.4oz) bottles. Go big or go home as they say!

MIU MIU L'EAU BLEUE ($94-$122) - CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE!




I've walked by the Sinfulicious store a handful of times in Palm Springs. Never popped in. Until this past trip. The smell literally lured me in this time around. If you haven't been into to one of their stores before, I'd recommend. Everything is customized. Their array of scents is astounding. They literally take whatever scent or scents you want, mix them up, and create your own personal scrubs, lotions and oils. AND they can make the scrubs and lotions whatever color you want too. It took less than 10 minutes to make my products and the process was fun to watch too...

I went into the process thinking I wanted a gardenia scent...I find it hard to stray from my signature favorite. But the Sinfulicious chick got me totally hooked on her favorite combo of Plumeria and Pikaki. Holy shit. Even Chris can't believe how much he loves this combo. When I come out of the shower, the bathroom, the house and me smell like Hawaii! No joke. It's THAT intoxicating. 

The product performance themselves are fabulous. I use the scrub in the shower and then follow it with either the lotion or the oil. The oil does not leave you oily. Dries fast. Leaves you soft AF and smelling so good you cannot stop sniffing yourself.

I'm glad I finally stopped in to Sinfulicious. Favorite shower time products of all time. For real. And thank goodness they have a website so when I run-out I can easily order more of my favorite Plumeria + Pikaki combo.

CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN MINERAL BODY SCRUB ($37.50) - CLICK HERE!

CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN SUNFLOWER & SHEA BODY OIL ($23) - CLICK HERE!

CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN SHEA BODY LOTION ($22) - CLICK HERE!





Last but not least, Volition. Volition is NEW. A new concept. A new approach to beauty. And new to Sephora stores everywhere. What Volition does is they have you, the consumer, vote. You vote on what products you want to see go into production. Volition sees you and they hear you. They aren't about telling YOU what you need. They're about YOU telling THEM what you need. Cool stuff. 

I was thrilled to partner with this new brand. I really wanted to see how well these products would actually work out for me. I have to say I'm impressed. Rose-gold packaging aside, the products are fab. My favorite being the 'Helix' am/pm eye gel.

I always have issues sticking to a product if I feel like it's not doing anything. And let's be serious. Beauty products are plentiful in giving us false hopes. Lot's of (especially in our 30s) are starting to notice those pesky fine lines and wrinkles creeping in under and around our eyes...fml...and the struggle to find a product that helps seems never-ending.

So, why am I touting this eye gel? Not because Volition sent it to me to advertise. I'm honest about what does and doesn't work for me. And I really like this eye gel for a couple reasons. When I slather it on, I sometimes feel the tiniest tingle as it soaks into my under-eye area. The tingle makes me think, "It's actually DOING something!" But then, after a month of consistent use (I put in on every morning and evening) I can actually see and feel the difference it has been making.

My under-eye area feels super, super smooth and I can tell that smoothness is helping to diminish those "happy lines"...I call them happy lines cuz when you're happy, you smile. You laugh. And happiness while wonderful causes HAPPY LINES! lol...and so does stress. 

I like this product because it's the first to encourage me to actually be consistent. And consistency is key. The results. for me, have encouraged me to keep using it. What else can I say? It's worth a shot.

If you're wondering about the Turmeric scrub, it's a definite yes. I've got some acne scars so a brightening formula is always a good idea. Plus, this scrub leaves my face so damn soft afterward. I keep mine in the shower. Even though it's a full-body product, I use it solely on my face and that's how I like it. 

VOLITION HELIX AM/PM EYE GEL ($52) - CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE!

VOLITION TURMERIC BRIGHTENING POLISH ($38) CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE!





THIS POST HAS BEEN SPONSORED IN PART BY
MILK MAKEUP, INFLUENSTER & VOLITION BEAUTY.

ALL THOUGHTS & OPINIONS ARE DEFINITELY MINE.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paging Mrs. Gehrels. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig