Wednesday, May 13, 2015

I knew I couldn't have been the only one...


Finally. Today I feel justified in my thoughts on Benefit's "they're Real!" push-up eye liner.

Like every other girl I know, achieving the perfect cat-eye liner is just a fucking pain. I mean I can always get the ONE eye exactly how I want it. And then move on to the other eye and all hope is lost. Disaster. You've got one eye looking chic and perfect while the other ends up looking like you were on the loosing end of a fight.

This is the point where a cocktail usually enters the picture as I bring out the make-up remover wipes and attempt to repair the damage.

If none of this rings a bell to you I congratulate and envy you. You're an all-star. I figure I don't wear make-up enough to get the whole eye liner thing down pat. But that hasn't stopped me from trying.

And SO, in my never-ending quest to find the perfect liquid liner, I obviously had to buy Benefit's highly touted "they're real" push-up eye liner. 

BOTTOM LINE. I hated it. Their whole advertising campaign centered around the fact that it was the answer to all us girlies' problems with getting the perfect sleek cat-eye....blah...blah...blah.

I thought it was hard to use, just holding it was kind of awkward. Not sure why. But more importantly the liner didn't glide on as it showed in the gobs of tutorials all over YouTube. It left chunks and overall looked bad. It was crap. I used it twice before I gave up. 

So, I figured I was just a moron who obviously didn't know what I was doing.

Alas! I was wrong. I am not alone. Today, one of my favorites, Racked, published an interesting article entitled, "Sephora's Employees on the Store's Most Returned Beauty Products." StyleCaster had asked several Sephora employees to spill the beans, so to speak.

Low and behold. #1 on the list? Benefit's "they're Real?" push-up liner. If you don't feel like clicking on the article (and by all means you SHOULD! Educate yourself on the products that the majority are taking back!) then here is a direct quote from the article on the liner:


"1. Benefit's They're Real Push-Up Liner is deemed really hard to use.

'We all received this gratis and unfortunately I don't think any of us liked it, and 99% of clients who buy it return it because this stuff is seriously just so hard to use.' Kristen Bousquet said.' "


And there you have it. Even the employees at Sephora were like, meh. This stuff sux. And apparently the majority of buyers return it? Damn....wish I knew I could have done that. Especially since those liners are $24 a pop. Oh well, good to know for next time....



*Article cited from Racked.com published on May 12, 2015.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paging Mrs. Gehrels. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig