Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Interviewed - My thoughts on Sequins, Regrets, Relationships & More

PHOTO BY KIM DAO - DAOISM "SPARKLING SEQUIN"

Recently interviewed during a Sunday get-together with friends, I answered 5 questions for my very good friend Kim Dao and his blog Daoism. The following is an excerpt from his interview entitled "Sparkling Sequin":


"So as you are the queen of sequins, this question has to be asked. People can easily overdo sequins, what are some tips to always keep them in style?"
Easy. If you’re wearing sequins (day or night) lay off on everything else. So, no chunky, bold jewelry. Instead opt for diamond stud earrings or simple hoops and maybe a single chain necklace. Sequins are fun but they ARE an outfit on their own. And most importantly, simple, chic, strappy heels are the way to go. You want your sequin outfit to look posh and put together with seemingly no effort. Bold shoes would be overkill. Unless it’s NYFW. Then all rules go out the door.

"Do you have any fashion regrets? What are they?"
Tons! From why did I wear neon, bell bottom cords my first day of high school to wishing I hadn’t sold my Louis V speedy on eBay. That would make an excellent chapter if I ever wrote a book...


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paging Mrs. Gehrels. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig