Friday, August 23, 2013

Mandarin Oriental San Francisco - A Nest In the Clouds

I've always wanted to stay at a Mandarin Oriental. They seem to have quite the reputation. So, I was thrilled to be invited for a weekend staycation at the Mandarin Oriental in San Francisco. [note: This property closed in 2016]

I realize most people leave the city on the weekends, but when you live in the burbs, the twinkling lights, horns blowing and non-stop movement is appealing for a night or two....and so I decided to hole myself up in a lovely room, high up on the 39th floor of the 3rd tallest building in San Francisco. 

The Mandarin gave me one of the most delightful city stays I've had in a long time. And I have to admit, the perfect weather really set off the whole weekend. Weather is fickle in the city by the Bay - glad I lucked out.



The moment I checked into my room, a fabulous chilled bottle of Chandon and chocolate dipped strawberries made their grand entrance. It was beyond perfection to say the least...I mean hello! Bubbly with the sun setting on San Francisco...









The sun goes down, setting the horizon ablaze!


________________________________________________


THE ROOM


Entrance to our room...tre chic.




How serendipitous that my duffle mtach my ladyfingers...lol...yum

At check-in they'll ask you if you'd like to have tea service brought to your room as a warm welcome...say YES! It's lovely. The perfect way to start your stay and settle into your room.










Mirror, Mirror on the wall...




I decided to leave my shamps/condish at home expecting the Mandarin to be equipped w/ a brand I trust. I assumed correctly.

________________________________________________


THE VIEWS


The girls came out...


FOGGY Frisco!


With the fog far at bay, you can clearly see Alcatraz island, Coit Tower and the Transamerica pyramid building up close.

Close-up shot of Alcatraz and Coit Tower.



Palace of Fine Arts in the distance.


Alcatraz and Coit Tower

Tieks 'Starstruck' flats...one of Oprah's "go-to's"


________________________________________________


THE CLOTHES...because duh!


Arriving to the Mandarin Oriental: 
Topshop neon green, long-sleeved dress (long sleeves for that unpredictable San Francisco weather) and Dolce Vita sandals. Alice + Olivia for target luggage. Matching my luggage was unintentional, kinda.



Dinner:
Phillip Lim dress & clutch. Shoes by Brian Atwood.


Dinner: 
Vince t-shirt. Zara printed pants. 
Michael Kors leather bomber jacket. 
Kurt Geiger shoes. clear clutch. Target sunglasses.

______________________________________________


EVERYTHING ELSE


Friday afternoon, I enjoyed a light lunch in my room. I had to try the tasty won-ton soup. 
And I just had to have their jasmine tea service.




________________________________________________

Many thanks to the Mandarin Oriental for a wonderful city escape...everyone was so nice! From the check-in desk and the bell hops to the hostess at the Brasserie and the ladies in the spa (Valerie & Veronica!) They all truly made for an excellent, "at-home" feeling I always look for in a hotel stay.

My only regret is I couldn't stay longer. Thank you for making my staycation and my first Mandarin Oriental experience a memorable one. 


I recommend this hotel for the executive looking to get work done in a chic and serene setting. And I most certainly recommend this location for the couple looking for that exquisuite, luxurious escape to the city. And when I say luxurious, I mean it. The view that you get from being in the 3rd tallest building in San Francisco comes with a price...and once you get into your room, pop open a bottle of bubbly and feast your eyes upon the city by the Bay, you soon realize the price is worth every penny.

I will definitely remember those beautiful champagne-filled sunsets, gazing out over San Francisco. Priceless.


________________________________________________

FOR MORE ON 
THE MANDARIN ORIENTAL
SAN FRANCISCO
[This location has since closed, unfortunately.]

222 Sansome Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
415.276.9888

BE IN THE KNOW - FOLLOW THE MANDARIN SF ON:

&

To book your next stay check out their website by clicking


*Special Thanks to Edwina for organizing everything.

**Please note that this post was sponsored in part by the Mandarin Oriental San Francisco. All thoughts, opinions and photos are mine.

***THIS PROPERTY HAS SINCE CLOSED. SADLY THIS PROPERTY TRANSFERRED HANDS IN 2016. THE MANDARIN ORIENTAL HAS MANY OTHER PROPERTIES ALL THROUGHOUT THE US AND THE WORLD.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paging Mrs. Gehrels. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig