Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Prabal Gurung for Target...What I REALLY think about the latest designer collab...

I really need to stop getting so excited about these Target collabs. I mean seriously...I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one who battles a generous douse of anxiety the night before one of these highly anticipated designer collaborations debuts. It's ridiculous to say the least.

We all know I went overboard with the whole Neiman Marcus/Target collab. But I had to admit that that particular collab was a goodie. Some people were unimpressed (mainly because of the steep price tags) and I was too.....till everything got marked at 50% off! And then I lost all sort of self-control and had at it. The sale prices were much easier to swallow....

That being said, we all had mini heart palpitations the second we caught wind of the next designer in line to join forces with our beloved Tarjay. When all the bright, colorful, almost whimsical images poured forth from the Prabal Gurung for Target collab, I vividly remember posting to the SSS Facebook page saying something along the lines of, "Get your charge cards in check!! We are going to want the WHOLE collection!!"

Well, the hub-bub is over. The madness of the first day's debut has slowed down now to a dull roar, if any. And. So. WHAT did we all end up with????
Usually, I'm peppered with messages from readers and friends alike, sharing with me what loot they scored. I've barely a heard a peep. And I'm not surprised.

The ONLY pieces I managed to fall in love with out of the entire collection, were a few of the shoes! That's it! Oh Em Gee...what the hell happened?? 

What happened is the look-book images came across a helluva a lot more appealing than the actual clothes themselves. Or at least, that's my opinion.

HERE are the 3 pairs of shoes I ended up keeping:

I love ALL 3 of my Prabal/Tarjay shoes. They're fab and they're going to be great as soon as the weather warms up.

But. That's it. That's all I got. That's all she wrote! LoL! Okay, not really...I have more to write....

Once I actually got INTO a Target, and got a close-up of the clothes, I was disappointed. I liked 2 of the dresses, but alas, my skinny ass was too small for their size 2. Whooomp, whoooomp...I can see a bunch of you rolling your eyes...lol...

But aside from not fitting into the 2 dresses I liked, I hated the materials. Yes. Hate. It's a strong word. It's needed here. The cardigans and sweaters were totally up my alley....till I touched them and saw how crazy THIN they were...didn't bother looking at the material composition, but needless to say, I didn't likey...the colors were so great!! But, if you have kids or dogs, these thinly made cardi's and sweaters are nothing short of a disaster waiting to happen. 

So, in short, while the price point for the Prabal Gurung for Target collection was on point, I felt the old adage of "You get what you pay for," entirely appropriate here.

What did YOU guys end up with out of the collection?? Do you agree with me or do you think I'm waaaay off base because your closet is stuffed with the collection and you adore it with a capital A??!! :)

XO!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paging Mrs. Gehrels. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig