Sunday, September 9, 2012

Tadashi Shoji is THE Man.


Invite1


One show I was hell-bent on seeing this year had to be the Tadashi Shoji presentation. And boy did I luck out! As is typical, me being an "insignificant" little blogger, I was supposed to be part of the crowd that stands in the back...as the actual seats are reserved for those uber important fashion mavens...lol...

Well, the thing with these fashion week shows is not EVERY single person who is invited and rsvp's actually shows up....so, this is what's called opportunity. Once the seated folk go in and claim their seats, they allow us standers to devour what's left and devour we do!

I met a lovely editor whilst standing in line for the show, so once we were let in, her and I snagged ourselves some decent seats and got our iPhones and iPads ready to take in what would end up being a magical show.

The music, the ambience, the LACE! Omigod...all the gorgeous French lace...obviously my video doesn't even begin to do justice to the S/S 2013 collection. Tadashi creates the dreamiest pieces and he really does have a knack for creating a dress that is befitting of any female form. Most times, you check out a collection and you pick out a few that really stand out to you as your favorites. Not the case with Tadashi Shoji. I would have been happy to take home every uniquely intricate dress in a heart beat.

I'll end this post with some fun shots I got after the show, backstage! Enjoy!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paging Mrs. Gehrels. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig