Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The BEST Sugar Cookie Recipe. Ever.


This is a sugar cookie recipe I have been using for about 5 years now; ever since I got married :) Once I, er, WE got a kitchenaid as one of our wedding gifts, I was off on a hunt to discover new and yummy cookie recipes.

This particular Sugar cookie recipe from Christmas-Cookies.com has stuck with me.

I use this recipe for every occasion, pulling out the seasonal cookie cutters to incorporate these soft, chewy cookies into every possible celebration, most recently being Easter.

The same way I made Easter eggs and bunnies, I also make Xmas trees, stars and birthday cakes!

BEST SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE. EVER!






ICING YOUR COOKIES...HOME-MADE STYLE!

For Icing, you'll need:
- 2 large egg whites (or more to thin the icing if needed)
- 3 cups confectioners sugar (or more to thicken icing if desired)
- 1 lemon, juiced (for flavor)

In your kitchenaid, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry, about 4-5 minutes. Add sugar and lemon juice. beat for 1 more minute. If icing is too thick add more egg whites, if it's too thin add more sugar.

As you can see above, I poured my icing into a Ziploc bag, twisted it to a point, and snipped off the end with scissors, allowing the icing to squeeze through. Easiest way to ice your cookies!

I left my icing white since I used colored sprinkles, but you can easily add food coloring to your icing once it's made in the kitchenaid. Just add the coloring till you like the hue. Mix it well, and then pour into a Ziploc and let the icing begin!

Hold off temptation! Once iced and sprinkled, or just iced (however you prefer) let the cookies stand over night, allowing the icing to sit and form. Trust me. They taste better that way! Some husbands don't know how to wait though...be on the lookout for those! LoL! :)

Enjoy!



As you can see...the guys LOVE these cookies!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paging Mrs. Gehrels. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig